Paypal Donation Available PM By Going Here For Details. Benefits In Return For Donations See Here

Thread: ★★★ Android N00B Guide ★★★

Status
    ♠ The Administrator ♠
    Mobile
    One Plus 3 (64GB + 6GB Ram) & HTC M9+ (32GB + 3GB)& Galaxy Note 5 (32GB +4GB)
    Rom
    ONE PLUS 3 : Stock Rooted OOS :4.0.3 & HTC M9+ Marshmallow Stock Rom & Galaxy Note 5 LOS Nougat

guide ★★★ Android N00B Guide ★★★

Root :
    Root refers to “administrator” or “Superuser” access to the device.
    Rom/hotfix/mod:
    A rom is like a modified version of android. Perhaps a ''new version of firmware''. A hotfix is a zip that fixes small bugs(errors/glitches) in the rom. A mod can be a performance tweak or just a cosmetic makeover of your rom. Telling the difference between a ROM and a mod- The easiest way to tell that is to look at the file name. But if the file name is not available or not recognizable; then you can look at the file size. ROM's are usually big in file size; ranging from 180-250 MB to 800 MB. Mods are smaller; their sizes are based on their function, for example: A lockring mod is around 700 KB, a tweak package is around 30 MB, an audio enhancement mod like AC!D Audio is 85 MB. Hotfixes are like mods, ranging from a 100-120 KB for a configuration file fix, 500 KB-2 MB for a library/app fix.
    Flashing a rom/ flashing:
    In the simplest way, It is like ''Installing'' the rom. It is not necessary that only a rom can be flashed, you can also flash mods or hotfixes etc. The zips that can be flashed in recovery are known as ''flashable zips''. Flashable zips are prefered over manual pushes.
    Sd Partition:
    When you partition your sd, You, what you may say, reserve a portion of your sdcard to be used for a specific purpose only. You can use the partition to install apps (as internal memory) or as Swap Memory (Like RAM.). Swap currently is not tested. While talking about sd partition, people mostly mean your Ext partition (the portion used as internal memory.). A common misconception- partitioning your sd does not INCREASE your internal memory, but it rather uses a part of your sd as internal memory. If you remove/unmount your sd from your device, the apps loaded on to the ext partition will stop working. Also, a faster sd card will load those apps faster (not faster than the apps stored on the actual internal memory, though).
    Formatting a partition:
    Just like you partition your sd, In case you want to delete all apps on the partition, you format it. FORMATTING DOES NOT DELETE THE PARTITION, BUT ONLY REMOVES DATA STORED ON IT.
    Recovery:
    It is the software on your phone that lets you make backups, flash ROMs etc. It can be accessed by Holding Power and Vol Down button after switching off your phone. Mess up your recovery and you are nearly done.

PS: Incase anything is unclear to you, you can refer to this:http://www.androidauthority.com/andr...lossary-84988/
    ==================================================
    How to partition/format the sd card via recovery.
    ==================================================

Partitioning your Sd card:

Before partitioning, you need to take backup of your sd card(memory card) data as the process will wipe all data from sd card.
    Reboot in recovery>Advance>Partition ur sd card. Selct yes!
    Now, Select a partition size* and a Swap size**
    Now recovery will take time for partitioning the sd card with onscreen commands
    Done! (This may flash on the screen too)
    Go back>Go back >Reboot system!

*(This will be the size of sd space used for storing apps and data).
    **(Swap memory is a partition of sd which is used to store data when there is no free RAM, as swap is not tested on explorer, it is better to select 0mb)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Formatting a partition:

P.S If you have already partitioned your sd card & things are not going well, you can try repartitoning the card. BE SURE TO HAVE BACKUP.

To format, Follow these steps.
    Reboot into recovery
    Mounts & storage>Format sd/ext----->Yes!
    Done!
    PS- If you use any script, like data on sdext, ALL DATA WILL BE LOST, because /data is actually empty, if using s2e or d2ext or something like that.
    ================================================== =====
    How to Flash a Rom/hotfix/mod etc.

Download the rom of your choice
    Place it in /sdcard/
    Reboot into recovery
    Select ''Install Zip from Sd card>Choose zip from sdcard''
    Select the zip file and select ''yes'' when prompted
    wait for the zip to flash. After it is done, Reboot your device.

PS: It is recommended to do a complete wipe before flashing a new ROM. Superwipe.zip by Akya22 is an easy way to wipe. Just flash the zip in recovery.
    File Manager in CWM (recovery)

In case you do not have SD CARD reader or you cannot access your SD CARD in Android due to BOOTLOOP or USB not working or some other reason.

1. Download this AROMA File Manager
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646108

2. Place the downloaded ZIP into your SDCARD
    3. Enter CWM
    4. Install ZIP from SD CARD> Choose ZIP from your SDCARD
    5. Execute it.

VOILA! You got a Touch Screen File Manager
    You can access any partition you want.

Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Tool IOS 7.1.1 - 7.1.x

Root your Android Phone

→ Follow the Forum Rules → Use Search before posting → Post in the right sections → Do not spam the board → Respect Forum Members/Users

Status
    Junior Poster
    Mobile
    Lenovo A789

Re: ★★★ Android N00B Guide ★★★

How to Root Lenovo A789(Android-ICS 4.0.4 MKT-6577) China mobile

Hello, Can any one help me to root above China android mobile(ICS 4.0.4 MKT-6577). I have brought the above mobile from China . I can't able to log Google play by my mobile . I also cannot use GPRS . I want to root the mobile but I am new user of Android mobile . I donot have any idea about root . If any body know the procedure to root Lenovo A789 (MKT6577) please help me

Mobile
    Lenovo A789
    User ID
    Status
    Rep Point

help4 How to Root Lenovo A789(Android-ICS 4.0.4 MKT-6577) China mobile

Hello, Can any one help me to root above China android mobile(ICS 4.0.4 MKT-6577). I have brought the above mobile from China . I can't able to log Google play by my mobile . I also cannot use GPRS . I want to root the mobile but I am new user of Android mobile . I donot have any idea about root . If any body know the procedure to root Lenovo A789 (MKT6577) please help me

Status
    Junior Poster
    Mobile
    Lenovo A789

How to Root Lenovo A789(Android-ICS 4.0.4 MKT-6577) China mobile

best regards

Muhmmad Siraj Mollah
    email: [email protected]

Status
    VIP Donator
    Senior Poster
    Robin Hood.Thanks to me,Multinational companies, pay less taxes. Sharing, I relieve their portfolio.
    Mobile
    Old Old ZTE Rooted.

Root Recovery Lenovo A789
    I don't speak Russian nor chinese but if we try we success....

Courtesy of fight.org.ua

Smollah Bro : SOLUTIONS 4U Buddy.
    Go here :
    http://www.fight.org.ua/publications...novo_A789.html
    Follow these steps :

Courtesy of theandroidsoul.com (thanks shivam)
    Download Google Play APK 3.5.19
    http://www.theandroidsoul.com/downlo...ay-apk-3-5-19/

GOOGLE PLAY : HOW TO INSTALL.

Courtesy of chainfire xda-developers.com look for "CWM installable ZIP" from Chainfire.
    go here :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1874403

And Here Goes for more Roms.
    http://www.tinhte.vn/threads/lenovo-...m-ics.1470390/

Now u can bright your world brother. Happy Download and Enjoy.

Status
    Junior Poster
    Mobile
    Lenovo A789

thanks and brother I do not understand the language . I only understand English and Bengoli(Bangla )